- We’ll create a precise technical layout that meets your company’s guidelines for both printed products and various digital solutions.
- Prompt and professional technical layout, following your company’s corporate guidelines.
- We will create a layout for you for any marketing material, from business cards and web banners to catalogues and websites.
what is a layout?
The pioneer of layout design is Paul Brainerd, who in 1985 released the first computer program for this purpose – Aldus Pagemaker for Macintosh computers. Today, there are various sophisticated programs for this purpose, allowing layouts to be created not only by professionals but also by enthusiasts. It has never been so easy to get to a simple layout without prior knowledge. Of course, professionally designed layouts are on a completely different level and you need to have an in-depth knowledge of every detail.
The layout process itself is the use of computer software to combine different elements (text, images, graphics, illustrations, graphic design elements etc.) to produce a high-quality document that can then be printed or published online. The main goal of layout design is to produce easy to understand material, whatever it is – business card, brochure, billboard, web banner, presentation, email etc.
job and print files
The layout is initially developed and saved as a job file, independent of the software. It can always be amended or completely redesigned if necessary. Each element of the layout can be easily adjusted individually and, if the file is prepared correctly, it is very quick to make minor corrections. Professional layout designers can do the job very quickly, efficiently and accurately.
Print files are not meant to be corrected. They are simplified, prepared and optimized for printing to eliminate the various technical problems that can subsequently appear in the printed product. Technically, it is possible to correct them, but the options are very limited, it takes much longer and can lead to many different problems.
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Each of these 3 programs has its own core function, advantages and disadvantages. However, there are often situations where programs are used for things they were not intended for. This leads to a situation where working with layout files is very inefficient and time-consuming.
Adobe InDesign – desktop publishing software. It has a wealth of options for very precise layout and formatting. Ideal for products with lots of pages or information.
Adobe Illustrator – vector graphics development software. Suitable for creating precise files and illustrations that are constant at any resolution – logos, outlines.
Adobe Photoshop a full-featured image processing software. It allows you to make any kind of adjustment, from slight blending to detailed photo manipulation.
the most popular errors in desktop publishing
There are many details to know in desktop publishing that are easy to miss. Every day, the layouts submitted by clients tend to be miracles:
- the quality of the images is poor and grainy
- black, other than rich black, consists of all 4 basic colors
- the layout to be printed is prepared in RGB
- the layout for full-color printing is prepared in pantones
- bleed and crop marks are not applied to the print file
- graphic elements and logos are in raster rather than vectors
- the size or proportions of the model do not correspond to what is required
- the text in the layout submitted is an outline which cannot be edited
In most cases it is possible to make corrections to these files and prepare them correctly, but this is time-consuming and the result is rarely perfect. Changing color profiles makes images not look as expected, adjusting text causes text to shift or fade, graphic elements to be grainy or have white edges, and various other problems and imperfections.
tips for layout design
There are no uniform guidelines on how to design and adjust the layout. Every company and layout designer works slightly differently, but there are a few stopping points that make layout efficient and fast. Taking these things into account reduces layout time and, as a result, costs:
- content is the most important thing. Before you design a layout, you need to see all the content elements that you intend to include in the layout. Based on the content, it is possible to design the appropriate layout as accurately and quickly as possible. Of course, you can change the content information and images, but as the overall size remains the same, these corrections will be made quickly.
- it is very important to bring them together in one place when planning revisions. It is much quicker (and cheaper) to make corrections if they are in one long list, rather than individually. It’s easier to get started and finish faster if the necessary adjustments are in one place, rather than scattered like so many small fixes.
- the client makes corrections to the preview file himself and does not specify the things that need to be corrected. There are situations where a small correction is needed, but the client, hasn’t said exactly what needs to be fixed. As a result, a lot of time is spent going through the whole layout and comparing it with the previous version in order to find and correctly implement corrections.
We recommend "enivo" as a reliable cooperation partner if the precision and speed of layout development are important.
Akzo Nobel Baltics
Communication with "enivo" is easy and positive, the company employs very responsive, kind and professional people who help to implement our ideas and technically create the necessary marketing materials.
We have seen that the quality of enivo lives up to its name and deeds, not only in words.
sales support manager
Project managers are experienced in both printing and pharmaceutical project management, so good cooperation between our companies has developed very quickly.
enivo brings together people who are passionate about their work. The team is supportive and flexible, collaboration is not just impersonal business.
"enivo" employs responsive, professional, creative and open people who always deliver the desired end result with their attitude and performance.
HANSA FLEX HIDRAULIKA
member of the board
We strongly recommend to turn to "enivo" if you want individual treatment and unique, interesting solutions.
member of the board
Finding a trusted partner in advertising services is like finding a good hairdresser or dentist. From heart we can advise any potential client – if you want the best, then enivo is it.
chairman of the board
If project has a tangible commitment from the people in charge, the end result should meet and exceed client's expectations.
head of medicines
The team is made up of reliable, responsive, creative and highly versatile professionals who see the client and their needs as their own. The quality of work, responsiveness and special treatment of the client is of the highest level.
Project managers dig deep into each project, look for the best solutions and really stick with the client until the project is complete.
The work has always been fast, precise and carried out with an extremely high sense of responsibility. The staff is attentive to all our requirements, even if they change during the development process.
marketing coordinator in the Baltic States
contact us before your visit
Weekdays from 8.00 to 17.00
Address: 42 Pernavas Street, Riga, LV-1009, Latvia (easy access to the parking lot from 22 Vārnu Street)
Phone +371 67 278 992,
+371 20 159 890
Weekdays from 8.00 to 17.00
Address: 42 Pernavas Street, Riga, LV-1009, Latvia
(easy access to the parking lot from 22 Vārnu Street)
Phone +371 67 278 992, +371 20 159 890